- In some cases, you may not want to associate your part number with an NSN
in the MCRD
Cross Reference step, since this focuses the search to a single, specific
part. Those cases include the following:
- Finding a group of related parts from the same manufacturer that have
similar part numbers.
- Returning results from inventories where the seller has deliberately omitted sections
of the part number to make it more generalized.
- Some sellers use this practice because other systems don't perform an
MCRD Cross Reference,
which actually limits your results.
- To maximizes parts availability results:
- use a Matching: Like search and
- in the MCRD
Cross Reference step, select the "Select all parts that start
with this number" option instead of an NSN.
- To maximize Enhanced Report results:
- You can reach any previous stage in the Search process by clicking on its title in the Search flow.