SearchFAQRegister Log In

Getting back into flying

Your forum to share and discuss all aviation topics.

Getting back into flying

Postby akfreak on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:39 am

Its been 6 years since my physical has lapsed. 911 has chaged everything, what are the major changes since 911 I will have to contend with. Has anyone picked flying back up after a long term absence. Any and all info would be helpful
akfreak
USER

Re: Getting back into flying

Postby jlane on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:17 am

TFR's (temporary flight restricted areas)are one of the biggest things to be aware of, I would recommend taking an advance ground school with a good BFR, you'll be just fine!! Gods Speed & Good Flying!!
jlane
USER

Re: Getting back into flying

Postby piperpilot55r@aol.com on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:22 am

A new and demanding job has prevented me from flying for a few years and I'm just getting back into it myself.
I suggest finding another pilot your comfortable with and go sightseeing and enjoy, with a current map of course (tfr's), and get more rigid with a bfr when your ready.
My last physical required eye glasses to pass the eye chart test, I guess the realm of "older age" does exist. Other then that and fuel cost, all has been confortable and enjoyable.
Don't be bashful in telling the person preforming the bfr of the time spent without flying in hope of opening that door to welcome advice, and patience.
Good luck and have fun (doing it right)
Steve
A.K.A. flyingwrench
piperpilot55r@aol.com
USER

Return to General discussion